6.23.2008

Dad's Day!

Gimme a "D"......
Gimme an "A"......
Gimme another "D".....


What's that spell?  "DAD"!  

Since Jason and I were out of town for Father's Day last weekend, we decided to celebrate this Sunday instead.  Amelia and I woke up nice and early to prepare breakfast in bed for Jason.  Well, actually I got up pretty early and by the time my "assistant" awoke, I was done with most of the more time consuming preparations.  The menu included heart-shaped french toast (although the heart shape was unrecognizable when it was all said and done), Stuffin' Egg Muffins, and Triple Threat Smoothies. Amelia was in charge of the smoothies, although she seemed more interested in putting the fruit into her mouth instead of into the blender!  

After carrying all of the food upstairs to Jason in bed, we decided it would be more practical to eat it at the kitchen table.  Hey, the thought was there!  I guess we need to invest in some breakfast trays so this can be an ongoing activity.  Amelia was so giggly at the site of Jason in bed with food all around him. 

Amelia also presented Jason with a framed photo of her spelling out the word "dad".  I wish I would have thought about this for his first Father's Day because it would be a neat tradition to take new pictures and change them yearly to see how she has grown.  We may still start this tradition, just 2 years late!

We also got to spend some time with Grandma and Papa for awhile.  Unfortunately, we missed Uncle Dave, though, and won't see him again for quite some time.  He is off on a plane today headed to Australia for 3 whole weeks! Amelia has requested that he bring her back a kangaroo.  She was perfectly clear in her request, too, that only a real one will do--none of that silly stuffed animal stuff!




2 comments:

Karon said...

What an awesome idea for pictures! I might have to *steal* that for next year! You rock!

Amy @ FitMommas said...

What a cute, cute idea for Dad's day!