Our weekend started on Thursday when Laura, Eric, and Evan rolled into town. We visited with them for a bit, grabbed some dinner and then
Jason and I headed off to our double header softball game. On Friday, Amelia, GG and I hung out with Laura and
Evan before heading to a wedding rehearsal and dinner that evening. Jason was in the wedding and was completing his groomsmen duties from 10:30 until late into the night on Saturday. I attended the wedding and then had some down time (read: errand running) before the evening reception. I met Jason
downtown at the Renaissance Grand where we celebrated all night until the bar closed down. Grandma was nice enough to bring Amelia back to our house for bedtime so that she could wake up at her own house for her 2nd birthday!
Amelia decided to start her birthday off bright and early
(5:30 AM) much to Jason and I's delight. After some birthday pancakes and present opening, we were all back in bed by 9:00 AM. And boy was Amelia tired!
reign of the cake. She was encouraged (on many occasions) to stick her finger in the icing and lick it off. She even gave great grandpa a turn!
Although it was an incredibly busy weekend, we feel so fortunate to be surrounded by family and friends, with such exciting events to celebrate!
Happy 2nd Birthday little lady!
2 comments:
Happy 2nd Birthday, Amelia! Sounds like you all have been keeping yourself busy, to say the least. Big congrats to Jason and all of you on his promotion. I'm sure it is a huge relief to know that he's set for a while.
Happy Birthday, Amelia! Hope to see you soon so you and Sean can play!
Post a Comment