Anyone who knows me well knows I am not a patient person. I am pretty sure its a genetic trait since my father and brother (although he's getting better!) aren't known for their patience either. This week was supposed to be spent with my mom and Amelia roaming the hills of rural Wisconsin visiting my great aunt Elaine.
Enjoying a beautiful 70 degree June, (instead of the 90 degree days we've been having in St. Louis), grabbing some pie at the local pie shop, and introducing Amelia to one of the 800 dairy cows that my aunt's sister owns. But, quite unfortunately, my aunt fell and broke her ankle two days before we were supposed to arrive.
She spent several days in the hospital while they ran tests and evaluations, so our trip had to be rescheduled for later in the summer.
So instead, I spent the week waiting. First, waiting for the bug guy to spray the line of ants that have decided to invade our kitchen.
Then, waiting for the air conditioning guy to come and take a look at our 2 year old unit to see why it didn't seem to be working very efficiently. Although Amelia is quite a laid back little lady on most occasions, she had zero tolerance for the 8AM-2PM timeframe of these companies. Seriously, I cannot believe that a 6 hour time slot is the best they can do! (And then the nerve to show up at 2:30!) We are normally out and about every morning doing something to help the day pass by a little quicker and being forced to stay inside was about more than either of us could handle. It didn't help that Jason was gone the ENTIRE week for work. We spent much of the week waiting for his return.
My sister-in-law, Amy, is indirectly responsible for the my last bit of my frustrating waits this week. Or, maybe, more specifically, my soon-to-be new niece or nephew who has been attempting to get things going long before he or she was supposed to arrive. Once Amy hit 37 weeks on Thursday and got the all clear to safely go into labor, the little stinker has been rather quiet. I mean, sure, he/she got a little worked up on Thursday morning and Amy even spent some time in the hospital. The doctor even made the comment that she expected to see her back in a day or two. And, that, was almost 4 days ago...........and don't even get me started on these people that choose NOT to find out the gender ;)
So, almost of the pictures taken this week were things that we did while playing the waiting game. You will see the 'candy' necklace we made with Cheerios and Amelia watering her flowers. There's a game called "red table" that I made up out of desperation in the 11th hour where Amelia find red items and put them on the table and you'll see Amelia lose interest at an alarmingly rate when we played "yellow table" next.
There's pictures of us 'fishing', grocery shopping, dressing up for a 'disco party' and then horse-back riding in our disco gear.

This week is pretty much back to normal. We may try to make it to the first Tiny Tot swim of the season this week and I may possibly take Amelia to see her first movie if I am feeling really brave. Either way, it will be great to be able to get out when we want!
There is one thing I will be waiting for this week, though, and that is my trip to Boston on Thursday! While I am not eagerly anticipating the flight or the TWO layovers I have to get there, I am looking forward to exploring a great city for a long weekend with my husband! Woo!
2 comments:
LOVE your last post...so cute! you think YOU'RE anxious for this little one to make it's entrance :)i think i may be just slightly more anxious...
ps...we're battling the ant issue too!
She's just so cute! Love all the creative ideas, even if you were going crazy!
Post a Comment