7.27.2010

Father's Day gift

Well, this post is WAY late, but I did not have a picture up until now. I was lacking some serious creativity this Father's Day, but luckily I was able to pick up an item or two at Michael's to have Amelia make. I originally went in to purchase a certain type of coffee mug that Jason and I both prefer (meaning there is never enough for both of us to both enjoy coffee in said cups), but as I was reading the instructions about how to decorate the mugs, I noticed it said you can't put hot liquids in the mug. Huh?

So, back to the drawing board we went and we settled on making Jason a coolie cup to keep his (root) beer cold. I cut out the letters, but the decorating was ALL Amelia. I love what she did!



You gotta love a useful gift, right? Not that Jason is an alcoholic or anything, but he uses it quite often!

The second gift was this homemade shirt. I took a picture of the kids and ironed it on a $2 T-shirt for Jason. Then, I had Amelia decorate around it using special fabric markers.


He loved it, until I washed it. Or, more specifically, dried it. Ooops! Maybe we'll try again next year!

Jason also got breakfast in bed--a Mother's and Father's Day tradition around here! Afterwards, Amelia and I went out for a couple of hours and did some sprucing up to Jason's car. We took it through the car wash, vacuumed the inside, filled it with gas, and got the oil changed. A good lesson in car care (and patience!).

No comments: