Weight: 20 lbs., 10 oz. (91st percentile)
Length: 29.5 inches (> 99th percentile--the X on the computer was not touching the graph!)
H.C.: 86th percentile
The doctor thought Henry looked quite healthy! She checked him all out and was impressed that he already seemed to recognize his name when it is spoken. (I explained that that is because there is someone saying it in his face 12 hours a day). She was hoping for him to be saying "mamamama" and "dadadada" as well, but at the time we was only really saying "babababa". He has since added "mamamama" to the list which is pretty exciting for me!
After stating that at times Henry doesn't seem satisfied after 2 packs of baby food AND nursing, she suggested it may be time to start serving him chunkier food and gave us the go ahead for Cheerios and Puffs.
Other than the doctor appointment, it was a busy sixth month for Mr. Henry! It was parties GALORE around here! I think Henry went to 3 birthday parties this past month, as well as two graduation parties and a party with Jason's co-workers. Luckily he is so go-with-the-flow that he loved every minute.
He also got to meet several extended family members who were in from the East and West coasts.
Henry has definitely been to the pool more in his short life than Amelia was in probably her first three years. He LOVES to sit (or stand) and splash. The wetter he gets the better. And its best if he gets whoever is holding him wet too!
Note: When I say "been to the pool", I actually mean a real pool. At a park. Near our house. Not the blow up pool pictured below. He doesn't seem to enjoy that one quite as much. Maybe its the frigid temperature or, perhaps, its just the close proximity to his sister.
We've had to retire the bumbo and bouncer. We are very near the end of our time with the swing. Henry is always, always on the go. He has mastered a modified army crawl and can easily (and rather quickly!) make it all the way across the room.
On a more sappy note, it is hard to believe that Henry is now closer to his first birthday than to the day he was born. I remember thinking the second half of Amelia's first year FLEW by, but it didn't go half as fast as these last 6 months with Henry. Yes, I'm a broken record I know.....
No comments:
Post a Comment