She finished reading her 40th library book tonight which completes the summer library reading program. It took her exactly one month--and I only counted NEW books that we had never read before.
But perhaps the summer reading highlight for her is the group of chapter books we picked up at Target for only $1 each. Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, The Secret Garden, and the Wizard of Oz to name a few. These are shorter versions of the original with a picture on nearly every page, but have still taken us several days to read. At the end of each chapter, she begs to hear another. In fact, in the picture above, she had been thumbing through these very chapter books for the past 40 minutes.
We have finished her first choice (Peter Pan) and only have a couple of chapters left in The Wizard of Oz. I can't wait to see what she picks next!
1 comment:
Hey did you get those books recently? I have been wanting to get some longer books but still with pictures for E.
Post a Comment