7.19.2010

Independence Day

We had a great 4th of July, as usual! It turned out to be a rather busy weekend with a party on Friday night with some of Jason's co-workers, a birthday party on Saturday afternoon, and a graduation party Saturday night. Luckily, we had all day Sunday to celebrate the red, white, and blue!

As with most years since Jason and I have been dating, we went and watched the Bridgeton parade. We got there a little early to stake our spot and enjoy a picnic lunch.

Amelia loves any and all parades, but the 4th of July is her favorite. What can I say? The girl loves her country.



And Henry enjoyed himself as well. As usual, he was Mr. Go-With-The-Flow and enjoyed hanging out with all the family in attendance.

I love that this parade (a tradition of Jason's family) has grown to include my parents as well. "The more, the merrier" always seems to be a theme in Jason's family.

yea, it's a pink chair, you got a problem with that?

And there's not much that Amelia loves more than hanging out with some of her older, girl (second) cousins.

I'm not positive Henry knew there was a parade going on 4 feet from his head. He was pretty focused on these pinwheels that GG brought for Amelia and him.

Post-parade, Amelia and I made up this American flag treat. It ended up being a bit of a flop. I will definitely be trying something different next year.

After a nice long nap (for all of us!), we dropped Henry off at my parent's house and took Amelia down to the St. Charles riverfront for her first professional fireworks show. She was mesmerized by all the colors and didn't seem to mind the noise (we brought ear plugs!). It was so nice to focus on only her for a while and snuggle with her under the blanket once it started to sprinkle a little. I can still vividly remember two years ago taking her to see some outside my in-laws house and Amelia saying, "me no like fireworks". She repeated this phrase for the next 6 months. Luckily, there doesn't seem to be the case any longer!

No comments: