8.22.2008

Baby Steps!

On my very first Mother's Day, Jason gave me a kit to make a stepping stone. He assumed, of course, that I would make it sometime during the next few months and find a special spot for it at our new house, but along with two moves, buying a new house and having a one year old running around, I never got around to it.  But, the rainy weather we had yesterday provided the perfect opportunity to finally get around to making the stone.  As usual, Amelia was a HUGE help!

She loved pouring in the water and mixing it up!  


Her favorite part, though, was definitely putting her hands in the mixture and keeping them very still while I pushed each tiny little finger down to make her imprint. Our first go around was just one hand, but she kept wanting to do it again.  I got to thinking about it and thought two hands would be better anyway, so we smoothed it out and tried again.

Amelia was entertained for a short while with putting on the glass pieces.  She especially liked pushing them down into the muck!  
The whole thing from start to finish (including clean-up) only took about half an hour and I LOVE the end result

The stone needs to set for 2 days before we venture out and find the perfect spot for it in the yard!

1 comment:

Amy @ FitMommas said...

That is so cute! I want one!!