Aren't they cute?
Yeah, that's right we totally splurged, bit the bullet and bucked up for not one, but two iphones! After much talk, speculation, number crunching, and researching, we just couldn't resist the temptation any longer.
Interestingly enough, our credit card company's fraud alert division gave Jason a call after he paid for the phones. Apparently, THEY even realize how uncharacteristic this purchase is from our typical spending habits.
It may seem a bit strange for a stay-at-home-mom to need an iphone, but don't worry, I've come up with a list of reasons why I it makes sense:
1. the GPS will allow me to get directions in case I get lost on the way to playdates
2. the "Scribble" application (which allows you to draw on the screen with different colors using your finger) should keep Amelia occupied in an emergency (ie: long line at the DMV, dr. visit, traffic)
3. the calculator can be used to determine the cheapest price per diaper while roaming the aisles at Target. Plus, if I turn the phone sideways, it becomes a scientific calculator in case things get really complicated.
4. I can store all of my favorite photos of my little lady--even pictures I didn't take with my phone.
5. 7 words: up to the minute message board posts
6. Never again will I be without the entire TMBG, "Here Come the ABC's" soundtrack, so I will be ready when Amelia requests some random song out of the blue in the middle of the grocery store.
7. I will be able to check the weather on the way to the park to make sure conditions are favorable for some playground time.
8. I can post to the blog in real time. Tantrum in Target? You'll feel like your there! Climbing out of the Crib (part 2)? Be the first to know! Even before Jason :)
Now, if I can just get this thing to dispense Cheerios, I'll be all set! Oh wait, it does that too!
Seriously, though, this is just about the coolest thing I have ever seen in my life and I know that I haven't even begun to scratch the surface yet on all it can do. I've had some time to play with it during the day, but not as much as I'd like. Amelia doesn't quite grasp the fascination, although the word "iphone" is now part of her vocabulary. That alone, was worth the purchase, right? All in the name of improving Amelia's verbal skills. We all have to make sacrifices for our children, I guess.
7 comments:
yes, I am jealous!!! Glad that you got one.
All sounds very well thought out & logical to me. I mean...really...8 good reasons/uses to buy something? Sold! How did you ever live without one?
shoot...my iphone must be faulty...it doesn't dispense cheerios :)
glad to have you as part of the iphone family!
I'm jealous too! Thats great that you guys were able to get them! Congratulations on your purchase!!!!
Jealous doesn't begin to describe! :-) However, I may be showing your list of reasons to Trey to see what he thinks....
Can't wait to play with it...oh wait, maybe that's just teasing myself!
thanks for the tip about the scientific calculator. i should roll over while doing everything with my iphone to figure these things out.
where's the blog about thanking your over obsessive brother for wetting your appetite for this thing...i did get mine first afterall, and i still think you thought it was gimmicky after i got one...just remeber, mom loves me more...
Post a Comment