8.28.2008

Icy Excavation

Amelia did some digging for toys today.  I thought this idea from HERE was so cute that we had to give it a try too.

I took some of her smallest toys, a few rocks, a binder clip, and a coin and dropped them into an old whipped cream container filled with water.  I left the container of water and toys in the freezer overnight.  
The next day I set up Amelia's table outside and gave her a spray bottle filled with hot water and a fork.  We were set up in the shade, but the sun would have helped things move along quicker too.
Amelia was really into it at first, determined to get the penguin out of the ice.  We took turns spraying the water until all of the toys were out and then she decided to "paint" with the large pieces of ice that were leftover.  

1 comment:

Scribbit said...

Do you know it never got warm enough this summer for this kind of thing for us? We feel cheated! :)