Let me count the ways.
The ways in which I have fallen in love with my iphone all over again, that is. Check out the ways we used our iphones just on our KC trip alone:
1. We did not write down any directions before leaving. We depended completely on the GPS to get us to the hotel and concert venue.
2. We checked how to get to the concert early on Friday and learned it was only 22 minutes away. However, we checked again as we were leaving the hotel for dinner and learned that our iphone also shows traffic and that the travel time had been increased to 54 minutes...oops.
3. During the brief amount of time we thought Jack Johnson might be staying at our hotel, Jason used the facebook application to chat with his brother and tell him that, well, we thought Jack Johnson might be staying at our hotel.
4. We used the "Urban Spoon" application to locate restaurants of all types on the way to the concert venue. True, we ended up eating Taco Bell because we ran out of time (see #2), BUT we knew where the closest Thai, Japanese, Italian, BBQ, Greek, and Wine Bar were.
5. We played Jack Johnson's newest CD while sitting in traffic because I had it loaded into my iphone. At the same time, I also played a challenging game of Sudoku to help pass the time.
6. While in traffic, we began to wonder whether or not we could bring in a camera to the concert. We also were not sure of the cost of parking--both questions were answered quickly thanks to our iphone.
7. Prior to entering the concert venue, I called to check on Amelia--one of the 875 times I called during the 24 hours we were gone.
8. During Jack Johnson's amazing encore, (and I am a little embarrassed about this one), I used the "mylite" application to turn my iphone into a lighter (see above picture). Hey, when in Rome.....
9. By some grace of God we parked by a secret rear exit of the parking lot and were able to avoid at least a 90 minute wait to leave through the main exit. Again, with the help of GPS, we were able to find our way back to the highway using some back roads and some expert navigating by yours truly.
10. Most of the way back to the hotel was spent pouring over articles about Jack Johnson, his background, and the meaning behind his songs. (dorky, I know).
11. On Saturday morning, we briefly discussed visiting the outdoor pool at our hotel. But, one look at the weatherbug application on the iphone showed us the outside temperature was only 72 degrees.
12. So, instead we decided to visit the Farmer's Market on our way out and used the iphone to find information about the hours and location of the market. Then, again, we used GPS to get there.
All of this in addition to checking our email and stocks constantly. Have I mentioned how much I love this phone?
3 comments:
wild comment! wonder if they always search blogs for their product...so, was the photo of the myLite app in use taken by an iPhone...
I got a comment on my site from the good folks at DoApp, too. They have a spider that scours the Internet looking for posts about myLite. I don't mind it, I think it's a great way to get in touch with your users and make them feel special.
Hello Jodi!
We are currently in development of a website for the myLite app. We thought your story about using the myLite was fun and wanted to add it to our website. Would it be okay if we posted your story on our new website?
Please respond by sending me a message at mylite@doapps.com.
Thank you,
--
Jen Stocco
Marketing & Customer Relations
I invite you to check out our web site www.doapps.com for new applications that will soon be available. We appreciate your patronage.
Also follow us at www.twitter.com/doapp
And "fan" us at http://www.facebook.com/pages/DoApp-Inc/19621597439
Plus our blog is here: www.doapps.com/blog/
Post a Comment