1.01.2009

Week in Review: Tuesday PM


I know, I know!  It seems a bit ridiculous to not only have a separate post for each day of the week, but then to take it one step further and have two separate posts for the SAME day?!?  The nerve!

But, rest assured it is necessary.  Less because of the content and more because of the ghettoness that is blogger.  I have to manually move each picture to the appropriate location on the blog and because I did not have the forethought to add the last pictures first, it would take a very long time to move the pictures associated with Tuesday evening past all of the Tuesday morning information.

So, please bear with me.  I'm tired, feeling lazy, and am already quite a bit behind on my posts as it is.

So, after a long day at the Magic House we returned home to find Jason already there.  He had completed the grocery shopping and was geared up to make a dessert we traditionally take to his family's house on Christmas.  My mom had been bothering me nearly all day to join them for dinner that evening to use some buy one, get one free coupons that apparently expired on Christmas.  I had been both politely and eventually impolitely declining her invitation (after all, I had wrapping and baking and resting to do!).  The weather was super crummy and the thought of heading out (again) and toddler wrangling all through dinner did not appeal to me in the least.

It was after my mom's final high pressure attempt that I began to get a bit suspicious.  She is not one to lay down a guilt trip and she was so doing that!  "You don't get to see your brother that much!" and then she dropped the "Its good to support local businesses" line and I almost laughed at her out loud.  When I brought it up to Jason, he was all for going despite my pleas to skip (also unlike him as he is very go with the flow and if I wouldn't have wanted to go that strongly, he would have said, "Then let's not go!")  Hmmmm...the pieces were starting to fit together.  Coupons expiring on Christmas??  High pressure tactics??  Jason in favor of attending even though I obviously was not??  My big 3-0 a mere two weeks away??

And sure enough upon my arrival at the local bar and grill where we were supposedly using some great coupons (like BOGO is even that great!), there was a surprise party waiting for me!  Now, I would be rich if I had a dime for every time I warned Jason to NOT THROW ME A PARTY FOR MY 30TH.  But, he quickly stated his case that he has known me for 15 years and during that time, I had never had a surprise party.

It was super laid back, happy hour style which I totally dug.  Although the weather was total crap and people were canceling left and right, there were some brave soles who came out and celebrated despite the nasty weather.  It was a great mix of family and friends and I was not the one who had to deal with all of the toddler-wrangling that was oh-so-necessary!

Since I wasn't 100% sure about the party, but only had a sneaking suspicion, I didn't bring my camera.  I swiped some of my brothers pictures that seem to be kind of "kid" heavy.  There is one or two of the cake too which affectionately said, "WTF?  Where did Jodi's twenties go?".  Ouch.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Fun! Happy early 3-0 Jodi!

Amy @ FitMommas said...

SO sorry we had to miss out, and I would have loved nothing more than to have pointed out a cake that asked where your 20s went! :-)

Love ya, Lady, and Happy Early 30th! I still have the real day to rub it in.

Camille said...

I hear you with the "ghettoness" of Blogger. I keep crossing my fingers that they will resolve this soon. I got so frustrated that I tried Wordpress yesterday...but I don't want to tell everyone my new address.