1.20.2009

Princess Sleepyhead

Or so we hoped!

Call it wishful thinking, but I was hoping that with a little celebration on Sunday night would help her fall asleep a little easier.  I am not sure that it worked, but it was sure fun anyway!

I borrowed this idea from the site, THE HOMESPUN HEART.  She had similar parties when her children slept through the night for the first time, which as many of you know is truly something to celebrate!

I set the table to look like a bed.  Amelia thought this was great!  

We ate our meal by night light only!

Amelia wore a special Princess Sleepyhead crown (for about 6 seconds).

We dined on little people (hot dogs) wrapped in blankets (croissant roles).  Each person rested his or her head on a little ravioli pillow!


For dessert, I made brownies and used my new cookie cutter sets to cut out stars and Z's. (As in ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ--Jason didn't get it at first)

After all of the excitement, we headed up to her new bed and read books together.  Then, she made a request for me to tell the Snow White story.  After that it was lights out!

You may be wondering whether our party made any difference in the way she slept on that first night.  I would guess no!  It took her about 1.5 hours to fall asleep and she  was awake at 5:20 AM the next morning!  If you know Amelia, you know she loves her sleep and this is HIGHLY unusual behavior.  

After explaining to her that the sun is still sleeping and she can't get up until it does, we didn't hear from her again until 7:30.  (I'm not sure if she fell back asleep or not, but I would think she did for at least a little bit).

Not too bad for the first night, I guess!  But, here's hoping things get better from here!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

What a cool idea!

The Weber family! said...

You come up with some of the best ideas! I have no idea how you find the time, I'm lucky if I get dinner on the plain table on time! I love reading all your great ideas!

Camille said...

What an all out celebration. I will definitely keep this in mind when Xavier hits this milestone.