Since I asked for a set of assorted cookie cutters as well as an alphabet/number set, I decided to wait on the sugar cookies until we had lots more options. Currently I have one gingerbread man, one snowflake, and one Christmas tree--not too exciting!
We did a bunch of other last minute tasks like grocery shopping, preparing a dessert for my family's celebration, wrapping, etc. Amelia was fighting a nap like a true warrior, so when she finally lost the battle around 4, we opted out of Christmas Eve mass. We finally woke her up around 6:30 (my family's celebration started at 7:00) and got her ready to go. Before we took off, we all opened one Christmas present. Following a tradition my friend, Kristina, does with her family, everyone gets new pajamas on Christmas Eve. Amelia picked out a lovely snowman set for me, I bought Jason some new sweatpants in the hopes that he would get rid of his old maroon Desmet basketball ones (no luck, the pants I bought were too short), and Amelia got a super cute Nick and Nora set that she has requested to wear every night since she opened them.
Amelia was pretty excited about her Christmas outfit. She kept saying, "Look at my fancy dress and my fancy shoes and my fancy purse!". I asked her if I should take her picture before we left and she said, "YES!". So, I said, "Let's take it in front of the Christmas tree". She said, "No, how about by my cart".
Christmas Eve was really nice . I certainly do not see the Banocy family enough and Amelia and Andrew had a blast together!
Amelia particularly enjoyed telling everyone about her fancy clothes (I think this may be associated with her growing love of Fancy Nancy) and running around on the hardwood floor, as her patent leather shoes made a fun noise! She carried her purse around all night!
Here are some great family shots, although as usual, I didn't give the camera up, so there are none of me, but I swear I was there!
When we got home around 11:00, Amelia was still pretty wound up. So, we let her open the last book under the advent tree which was, "Twas the Night Before Christmas". We read it through and then, put out some cookies for Santa and some carrots for the reindeer. (Check out the new jammies). After we laid her down though, we didn't hear a peep!


No comments:
Post a Comment