1.27.2009

Playing Catch Up


Man, oh man have we been busy around these parts!  There's lots going on, so much in fact, that I won't even be able to cover it all in this post.

But first things first, you may be wondering about how the big girl bed transition is panning out.  And I am happy to report that things are going well!  Other than the very first morning that involved an ungodly early wake up, Amelia has stayed in bed every morning until at least 7 AM every morning.  Naps have been a different story, however.  She has napped most days since transitioning to the bed, but not without major struggles.  I have been back and forth about whether to let her give up naps or not.  (She has made it perfectly clear that that is her preference).  Remember that rule about not getting out of bed?  Seems as though Amelia thought that to be only temporary and has since ignored the rule at all costs.  On most days, she would finally give up the battle around 3:30 and then awake at 5:00 which, at times, made for an interesting bedtime.  Knock on wood, however, the last two days have been fairly smooth sailing with the naps.  In fact, she fell asleep 2.5 hours ago and I've yet to hear a peep from her.  Let's just saw a certain princess or two has helped her feel motivated to stay in bed.

Also, in other Amelia news, she started using the potty like a pro!  Something seemed to click and she started pooping and peeing like no one's business--sometimes 2 or 3 times a day.  She was going pretty consistently for about two weeks.  As you can imagine, this was very exciting for everyone and I wonder if we perhaps made too much of a deal out of it because now for the past week she has done absolutely zero pooping or peeing on the potty!  I certainly don't want to push it, so I am still letting her lead the way--which evidently right now is away from the potty.

In other news, I have been working on my LIST OF 101 THINGS TO DO IN 1001 DAYS and although I haven't actually completed anything yet, several items are in the works.  The first item that will most likely get crossed off is #10 Take Amelia to Disney World.  I knew I wanted this on my list way before we actually planned our trip (about 3 weeks ago), so don't think I included it only because I knew we were going to go.  We scored a great deal on travelocity and leave in less than 2 weeks.   We are all very excited and are fortunate enough to have GG and Grandma Ward joining us on this trip.  The plan right now is to spend one day at Sea World, one day at Disney World, and one day at the beach (this is, of course, subject to change).  I'm sure you will be hearing MUCH more about it!  This weekend will be devoted to getting everything ready for the trip.  After a snowy, cold day like today, our trip to Florida is sounding better and better every minute!

1 comment:

Amy @ FitMommas said...

Congrats on the potty training! I think letting her lead the way will work out great.

And I think we're making the bed transition here, too - and I'm worried about naps! Wonder if we should wait...

BTW - you have inspired me to do a list, so once I get that done, you can cross something off!! But I have a bit before I"m done. Will post when I finally get it!