1.19.2009

Mini Me

Thanks to a pretty nasty cold, Amelia and I were stuck inside for a few days last week.  Out came the play-doh, games, puzzles, and coloring books, but unfortunately that was Thursday.  On Friday, Amelia (or was it me?) had gotten bored with the same old, same old.  While I was watching Amelia play with her magnetic Melissa and Doug paper dolls, I remembered something I had recently seen in one of my parent magazines.  I decided we would try to make a life-sized paper doll!

With grand plans to eventually make a cardboard box city, we hung on to most of the large moving boxes when we came back from Chicago.  I knew these boxes would be perfect for the body.  I also kept lots of the packing paper that would work for the clothes.

I had Amelia lay down on the cardboard and traced her outline.  

Then, I cut it out and added some undergarments.  Since Amelia thought it was just okay and didn't show too much interest in it,  I decided to save making the clothes for another day.

While we were upstairs putting away some clean laundry, Amelia grabbed some of her pajamas and said we should put it on the "girl" downstairs.  So, we did!  Well, sort of.  The girl's arms aren't exactly in a position that would allow you to get a shirt on her (which was fine with Amelia since she decided to put on the Cinderella pajama shirt instead).  Shorts, though, were a different story.  Turns out Amelia and the girl are the same size, who knew?  It was fun to get her dressed and I thought it was a great idea of Amelia's!  

For now, the girl is just hanging out in the playroom, but the next time we need something to do, she will be our "go-to girl".  

No comments: