1.17.2009

So Long, Farewell

It is with great sadness that I announce that this is the last night that Amelia will be spending in her crib.  For reasons that I shall explain in an upcoming post, the transition was unavoidable despite my desires to keep her in her crib until kindergarten.

The crib, made lovingly by my dad and Jason's grandfather, traveled all the way to Chicago and back.  It will hopefully hold many babies for years to come (not necessarily all mine!).  

I'm feeling a bit nostalgic tonight so please indulge me on my trip down memory lane.  Here's a look at some of Amelia's finer moments in the crib over the last 2 years:

Amelia's first encounter with the crib.  I remember thinking that it was way too big for her!

Posing for the paparazzi after arriving in Chicago.

The crib's first home in Hyde Park.  I always loved this room!
Her first official nap in the crib.

This nap was induced by an entire day of stalking John C. Reilly who was filming a movie called "The Promotion" outside of our apartment window. Stifler (from American Pie) was in the film too, but unfortunately had done all of his shots earlier in the week.

Amelia went through a phase where she preferred to sleep sideways in her crib and let her feet stick out the side rails.

Amelia with two of her "beary" special friends.

Here we skip ahead quite a few months (apparently the crib lost its appeal as a photo op location) to a picture I took for Father's Day 2008.  Does this girl love her Daddy or what?

So, tonight ends yet another chapter of Amelia's babyhood.  I knew that one day we would pack the crib away, but I was just not prepared for it to come so fast.  If only I could figure out how to slow it all down just a little bit.

No comments: