1.01.2009

The Week in Review: Monday

I only remember two things about Monday's events and unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of either.

First, Amelia slept in super late so I took advantage of the extra free time and tried to get some things done around the house, like the laundry and dishes.  When I heard her awake around 10 AM, I headed upstairs to get her up.  We talked and played for about 20 minutes before coming downstairs for breakfast.  As I stepped into the kitchen, my sock were immediately soaked, as were the bottoms of my pants.  Upon further investigation, I came to realize the washing machine had backed up and the entire laundry room and kitchen resembled a very shallow lake.  With Jason unable to leave work, I called (who else?) my dad to come and check it out.  He concluded that there was probably a clog in one of the pipes and suggested calling a plumber to come investigate.  This was NOT the way I was looking to start my Monday morning, ugh.

Luckily, the other thing I remember about Monday was the delicious Hanukkah meal my sister-in-law, Amy, prepared for the family.  We watched as she lit the menorah and said the special Hanukkah prayers.  I love that as Amelia gets older, she will be able to witness and learn about a religion outside of her own firsthand from her aunt and cousin.  

Although Monday was hard blog-worthy, watch out because Tuesday definitely was!

No comments: