1.12.2009

Magic Mud


I took this recipe from the TODDLER'S BUSY BOOK and it was a huge hit!  The "mud" has a strange texture to it and it changes depending on what you are doing.  Its fun to watch it just slide right through your hands.

Here's the recipe:
1 box cornstarch
water
food coloring

Put the cornstarch in a bowl.  Add enough water to be able to stir the mixture.  Add food coloring if desired.  Seriously couldn't be easier!

The recipe calls for an entire box of cornstarch, but we only had half of a box on hand which was plenty and I think we could have used even less.  Amelia was still interested after 15 minutes.  The book also suggests running cars through it, which we might try next time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohh you guys made Oobleck (as in the Dr. Seuss book, Bartholomew and the Oobleck)! That stuff is fun...now I want to make some!