While we don't have any expectations of naming this child "Baby Pom Pom" as Amelia would probably prefer, we have not come up with a better way to refer to the child currently residing in my stomach. So "Baby Pom Pom" it is--thanks Amelia.
My 18 week ultrasound went off this week without a hitch. Things looked great according to the technician, although Amelia was less than impressed with the whole experience. She was actually quite worried about me and whether or not I was in pain and/or okay. She kept laying her hand on my arm and saying in a very quiet and concerned voice, "Mommy, are you okay? Mommy does it hurt?". We got a couple of good pictures from the tech, although I am too lazy to head to my mom's with them to scan, so I opted to take a picture of a picture--which not surprisingly didn't turn out great. But, what can I say, this is the SECOND child after all. (This is kind of a joke of mine since the second child always gets the shaft. Spoken like a true second child, of course).
And if you are wondering about the baby's gender, well so are we! We opted not to find out what we are having. Originally we both thought it was a girl, but Jason thinks he might have seen "something" on the ultrasound "down by the legs". I saw nothing of the sort, but am planning on reviewing the video of the ultrasound when time allows.....
I still think its a girl.
We've been diligently working on a theme for a gender neutral nursery and I think we have some good ideas--its just a matter of making them all work together. Oh, and that room is an absolute disaster area currently. I missed out on doing a true nursery for Amelia given our move to a Chicago apartment when she was a mere 6 weeks old. I am feeling the need to get it just right.
And the names! We're having a heck of a time coming up with a couple of each gender we are okay with. We are still in the brainstorming phase, so if you know of a good one, please pass it along!
I'm also up 9 lbs. so far. I am not sure where this puts me compared to last time, but I will take it, I guess. (Do I have a choice?). I have significantly decreased my anti-nausea meds, but have not been able to go off of them completely.
Hopefully I will be adding some photos of my ever expanding mid-section soon!
2 comments:
Hats off to you for not finding out gender! There is no way we could do that- Stephen is too anal. ;) Although the nursery is going to be painted a gender neutral greenish color. Grandma is painting before we find out gender.
Have you seen those removeable wall art stickers? They sell them at Target, Walmart, etc. There is also a kiosk at the West County Mall with a huge selection. We are also painting Emily's room (pink of course). They have super cute butterflies, flowers, castles, etc. You don't have to repaint when they are on to the next thing! West County also has a large selection of nursery items as well.
Congratulations Jodi!! This is so exciting!!
Post a Comment