7.26.2009

Cut From the Same Cloth

At first glance, these cloth napkins probably don't look too exciting to you. But, guess what, I made them!! Yep, take a closer look at my beautiful sewing! (On second thought, don't look too close).

Still probably not that excited, right? I don't blame you, but if you could see the condition of the cloth napkins we've been using, maybe you would feel the excitement I do. My mom made them for Amelia's 2nd birthday party to match the Barnyard Bash theme (they are cow print and red bandana fabric). After the party we pretty much swore off all paper napkins and paper towels. I would say we go through about 4 rolls of paper towels a year now and we never use them as napkins.

Needless to say after one year of solid use it was time for some replacements. The process is slow going, though, since I've decided to sew the edges instead of just cutting them with pinking shears like our last set in hopes that they will hold up better. So, 5 napkins down and about 35 more to go! At least it is good practice for figuring out my new sewing machine and conquering yet another task on my 101 things list!

1 comment:

The Weber family! said...

Thats funny, we do the same thing. People think we are crazy when they come over and we don't have any paper towels or napkins. It definetely helps with saving money though. I've never actually made my own napkins though, good job!!!!