7.13.2009

Catching Some 'Rays

I am pretty sure we average about a trip to the zoo each month of the year. So you probably are not looking to see yet another entry detailing our most recent trip to see all of the animals. BUT, this trip was special--for two reasons, actually!

The first was that we were able to see the new Stingray exhibit. (Actually, we got to see it for free because, surprisingly, I got my stuff together to get there within the first hour the zoo was open. That means we were there by 9 AM people!).


We visited the Stingrays at Sea World in February and I was surprised at how similar this display was. Amelia liked having her hand in the water (except when the Stingrays were passing by, of course!).

I touched a couple and I have to say that it is a little unsettling. They kind of give me the creeps, but the are interesting little creatures. Amelia especially liked it when they came up to the surface and splashed unsuspecting visitors. (I kind of liked that part too, actually!).

The second reason the trip to the zoo was special is because we were invited to go by Lauren, a friend of Amelia's. Actually, the two girls haven't spent much time together (Lauren is the niece of one of my co-workers), but since Amelia witnessed Lauren being a flower girl at my friend, Andrea's wedding, Amelia's been quite the fan of Ms. Lauren. In fact, when I said to Amelia, "Do you want to go to the zoo with Lauren tomorrow?". She replied in amazement, "You mean Lauren the flower girl?".

I am amazed at how great these two got along. They were so cute together and really had a great time exploring the zoo. Lauren's grandmother is a zoo member so she shared all of the great perks with us. Amelia was in heaven riding the carousel, train, and visiting the Children's Zoo. We were spoiled!


We are hoping to have the opportunity to return the favor before summer is over and treat Lauren to a day at the Museum of Transportation.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the Zoo pics! Rick says they could pass as sisters. :)