7.20.2009

Spokane: Day 2

Day 2 in Spokane didn't start out quite the way I would have liked--I woke up with the worst headache, nausea, and vomiting episodes I've had since early on in this pregnancy. I couldn't keep anything down--not even my anti-nausea medication.

Luckily, everyone else had no qualms about leaving me home in bed and taking Amelia out and about in Spokane. The destination was Riverfront Park. The park was filled with playgrounds, rides, a carousel, miniature golf, IMAX theater, and even gondola rides! Amelia, however, was pretty tired and only enjoyed a handful of what it had to offer.



After everyone had gotten a good dose of the park, they all came back to my aunt and uncle's house for a fried chicken dinner. I was feeling a bit better by then after some oyster crackers and ginger ale. This was the last day that my Uncle Dave and Aunt Jane would be at the reunion, so we decided to get some group photos done in the backyard.

Everyone who attended the reunion (I really missed all of my cousins!).


My aunt Jane and I! Can you tell I felt like crap all day? Yikes!

My mom with her brothers and sisters!


The inlaws/outlaws--minus my dad.


Earlier in the day we had watched some very old home movies from when my mom and her siblings were kids. Since my mom was a "surprise", she is quite a bit younger than the others in the family. In the video, she was constantly jumping all around in an effort to get attention and get on camera. Here, she is re-enacting that.

Amelia telling Uncle "Jerwee" more stories. They were the best of buddies the whole time in Spokane! Amelia was thrilled to have a playmate and Uncle Jerry enjoyed having a captive audience to share all of his train knowledge with!


Later in the evening everyone came inside (it was chilly!) to watch my mom "talk" to spirits using her copper rods. It kind of turned into a what-question-can-we-ask-the-rods-to-see-if-this-is-the-real-deal-session. But that was fine with my mom and the rods remained surprisingly accurate through the evening. During the entire time, my aunt Jane was vigorously making notes of the stories that were told to add to her extensive family tree information back home.


No comments: