7.24.2009

Spokane: Day 5

It's just your luck that day 5 of Spokane was extremely uneventful. Jason and I headed out in the morning to track down this amazing cinnamon chip bread that I had gobbled down all week at my aunt and uncles' house. I thought the least I could do was to replace their loaf! (Although I had a few more pieces before our official departure).

Later, GG and I hit up the Spokane Joann Fabric Store and bought several items for some future craft and sewing projects. Then, Jason, Amelia and I decided to stay home and take it easy (ie, nap) while my aunt, uncle, and mom went antiquing around the city.

Upon their arrival home, they were almost empty handed. My uncle graciously bought Amelia the next deck of Brain Quest cards (we are on the third deck now and I cannot recommend it enough!). He got an amazing deal at Goodwill--a unopened, brand new package of age 6-7 cards was only $1.60!! They are usually around $10-12 at the store. They also bought a vinyl record so that my mom could demonstrate to my aunt how to make a vinyl record bowl.

Sadly, this became the highlight of the evening. You would think there was something great like brownies baking in the oven.....


But, no, it was just this old thing.....


And even though I forgot to take a picture of this specific bowl when it was done, it was similar to the one below.

After dinner, my aunt and uncle had the idea to take a little walk with Amelia to feed the ducks near their house. And once the word got out, the ducks were everywhere!


It was the perfect end to a really fun trip. I am thrilled to be able to cross a few items off of my 101 things list! I love seeing different parts of the country and instead of being satisfied after a vacation, I always feel a strong urge to plan my next journey! Sadly, we don't have anything in the works except possibly a trip to Chicago (I haven't visited since we moved back to St. Louis!). Next summer the Fey Reunion will be taking place in Texas, so we at least have that to look forward to!

No comments: